10 Top Ticket Tips for Queuing at Wimbledon
By Ed C
Updated 7th January 2021
- Arrive as early as possible. This will give you a better chance of getting tickets to see world-class tennis on the court and day of your choice.
- If planning to camp overnight, be prepared with a pop-up tent, sleeping bag, blow up mattress and pillow, toiletries, microfibre towel and camping wet wipes. This gear will be essential if you end up sleeping outdoors for a number of nights. Wimbledon provides left luggage facilities outside the Grounds.
- Although there are toilets and sinks in the Grounds, there are no showers for public use. There is a gym about a half-mile walk from the Grounds where you can shower, if you pay for a day pass.
- Check the weather forecast. You will want to be as comfortable as possible, so you need to be prepared for the unpredictable British summer. Items that should be packed include sun cream, hat, raincoat, small umbrella and light clothing layers. These will also be useful for the actual day of play. London nights can be cold, even if the weather is sunny during the day.
- Bring a cheap fold-up chair and a picnic blanket for waiting during the day, for that classic "I'm in the queue at Wimbledon" look.
- Plan entertainment for the long wait time and bring spare chargers and batteries for your devices. There is a convenience store nearby which will charge power packs and devices for a fee.
- Take-outs can be ordered from local restaurants for delivery to the Wimbledon Park Road entrance by 22.00.
- Obtain as much information as you can. Download "A Guide to Queueing" produced by the AELTC and sign up to Wimbledon’s social feeds. This will help you plan your visit and make the most of Wimbledon’s facilities on the actual day of play.
- Make friends with your neighbouring tennis fans in the queue. They might help you pass the time and can keep an eye on your possessions if you need to go and buy food or use the toilets.
- If you miss tickets to the Show Courts, no longer wish to queue or are unable to queue for the following day, then with your Ground Pass you may still be able to buy a returned ticket after 3pm from the Ticket Resale Kiosk. This kiosk resells original tickets, which are no longer needed and have been posted in special boxes around The Championships Grounds.
Secure your place at the 2024 Championships now
We currently have Wimbledon Debenture Tickets available to buy for Centre Court and No.1 Court, for every day of the 2024 Championships.
To get the ball rolling:
We had a great time on Saturday
"Just wanted to let you know that we had a great time on Saturday and that it all went smoothly. I didn't realise it was better than making a booking in a restaurant, but even then we were very lucky to get a beautiful table for 6 at the Wingfield restaurant. It was the only one available! Thanks for helping me organise this nice day with the family and let's stay in touch for future years."
Gabriel ButelerMore testimonials