Can I Buy Wimbledon 2022 tickets if I Live Abroad?
By Ed C
Updated 7th January 2021
There are several ways that international tennis fans are able to purchase tickets for The Championships.
Here's what you need to know:
Overseas Tennis Federations and Associations
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) allocate some tickets to overseas tennis federations and associations, for distribution to their affiliated clubs. Clubs then allocate these tickets to their members, often with a lottery system.
For overseas club members, this may be a route to acquiring tickets for The Championships for overseas tennis club members and players.
The AELTC Overseas Ballot
The AELTC administers an Overseas Ballot for overseas residents. This ballot is completely separate from the UK Public Ballot. As with the UK Ballot, the Overseas Ballot it is a lottery - meaning there is no guarantee of getting a ticket.
It is not possible to request tickets for specific days or courts.
Key points of the Overseas Ballot are:
- Only one application per household is permitted
- Applications must include a permanent residential address
- You can apply for a single ticket or pair of tickets
- Successful applicants will be offered a pair of tickets for one day of play, on either Centre Court, No. 1 Court, No. 2 Court or No. 3 Court.
- As with UK Public Ballot, Overseas Ballot tickets cannot be sold, transferred or advertised for sale or transfer.
Will there be an Overseas Ballot for the 2022 Championships?
No. The Championships were cancelled in 2020 and the AELTC decided to offer all successful paid applicants the same tickets for the 2021 Championships. As a result, there was no Overseas Ballot for 2021.
As a result of ongoing uncertainty about COVID restrictions, Wimbledon rolled the 2020 Ballot tickets over to the 2022 Tournament. There will, therefore, be no Overseas Ballot for 2022.
The Overseas Ballot application process is online and has 2 stages:
- The first stage is registration. (In 2020 the registration period was from September 9 to October 21.)
- The second step is the application (In 2020 the application window opened on November 1 and closed on November 30. Successful applicants were notified via email between the end of January and end of March 2020.)
We would expect similar timeframes for the 2023 Overseas Ballot with applications to be made by end of November 2022 and successful applicants notified by March 2023.
Wimbledon Debenture Tickets
Debenture Tickets also allow the holder to access the exclusive bars, restaurants and lounges - offering the finest cuisine at the Tournament.
Debenture Tickets are the the only legally transferable Wimbledon tickets. Debenture Holders often sell their unwanted tickets to private buyers. either directly or through brokers.
Although local laws prohibit residents of some countries from owning a Wimbledon Debenture (including the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan and South Africa), residents of these countries can buy Debenture Tickets.
Secure your place at the 2024 Championships now
We currently have Wimbledon Debenture Tickets available to buy for Centre Court and No.1 Court, for every day of the 2024 Championships.
To get the ball rolling:
We had a great time on Saturday
"Just wanted to let you know that we had a great time on Saturday and that it all went smoothly. I didn't realise it was better than making a booking in a restaurant, but even then we were very lucky to get a beautiful table for 6 at the Wingfield restaurant. It was the only one available! Thanks for helping me organise this nice day with the family and let's stay in touch for future years."
Gabriel ButelerMore testimonials